Resident Services

Animal Control

Shenandoah is located in an area that is heavily wooded; therefore, we have a number of animals that sometimes venture into the residential areas. View some frequently asked questions about animal control, including how to get a trap for the proper capture and relocation of these animals.

Pet Registration

Complete the Pet Registration form to receive a registration tag from the City.  If a lost dog or cat is found, the pet owner's information will be on file with the Police Department which helps owners to be reunited with their pets.  Proof of current rabies vaccination must be presented before the license tag can be issued. 

Vacation Watch

Complete a Vacation Watch request and police officers will provide extra patrols by your home while you are away.  

Drug Take Back

The Police Department will accept old, expired and unused prescription drugs at any time during normal business hours, Monday through Friday. Bring them in regular prescription containers if possible. Throwing them away or flushing them down the toilet could create potential safety and health hazards, and keeping them at home could lead to misuse or possible theft. Play it safe and get rid of old prescription drugs properly.

Lost & Found

Please make sure all your dogs and cats have the required City of Shenandoah Animal Tag. If you need one, please bring proof of your animal's rabies vaccine certificate from your vet with the expiration date on it. There is no fee. This is our way to help lost pets find their way home before being turned over to Montgomery County Animal Control.

If you lose your pet, check the Montgomery County Animal Control website to see if it was found.

Lost Pet Signs

If you want to post a lost pet sign on the community sign kiosks throughout the city, please use blue painter's tape for easy removal. All lost pet signs will be discarded every Thursday except on holidays.