November 7, 2023 Polling Location
Lugar de votación para las elecciones del 7 de noviembre de 2023
Please visit the Montgomery County Elections page HERE for the most current information.
- Check your voter registration status
- Sample Ballot
- Notice of Voting Order Priority For Voters With Certain Disabilities
Election Day - May 4, 2024
Día de elecciónes 4 de Mayo de 2024
|FIRST DAY TO FILE CANDIDATE APPLICATION||DEADLINE TO FILE CANDIDATE APPLICATION|
(Fecha Inicio Para Presenta la Solicitud de Candidato)
(Fecha Limite Para Presentar la Solicitud de Candidato)
|January 17, 2024 (17 de Enero de 2024)||February 16, 2024 - 5:00 PM (16 de Febrero de 2024 - 5:00 PM)|
The General Election for members of the City Council is held annually on the 1st Saturday in May.
The May 4, 2024, General Election will be held at Shenandoah City Hall, located at 29955 Interstate 45 N. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 17 to February 16, 2024. The following forms are available for filing:
Texas Secretary of State
On the filing of an application for a place on the ballot, the City Secretary must review the application to determine whether it complies with the requirements as to form, content, and procedure only. That is, the City Secretary checks to be sure it was filed correctly and in a timely manner and that all required information is completed and attested to. Filing at the last minute may not give the City Secretary sufficient time for review, which is subject to state law, not to City preference. Please do not leave blank any required information on the application, as doing so may render your application invalid.
Regarding the filing of candidate/officeholder reports, the City Secretary is limited to accepting and filing the various applications, affidavits, and/or statements, and noting the date and time of filing thereon. The Office of the City Secretary cannot judge or comment upon the timeliness or sufficiency of reports filed. All applicable financial reports must be completed by the candidate or the candidate’s campaign treasurer; the candidate is responsible for filing all reports.
Where to File Candidate Applications
• in person at City Hall: 29955 Interstate 45 N, Shenandoah, TX 77381 **The Texas Election Code states that "an application filed by personal delivery is considered properly filed if filed with an employee of the authority at the authority's usual place for conducting official business." [Sec. 1.007] Therefore, hand delivered applications and other documents should be delivered to the front desk and staff will ensure proper delivery to the City Secretary's Office.
• by mail to the City Secretary’s Office: 29955 Interstate 45 N, Shenandoah, TX 77381 **An application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt; or
• by fax or email: FAX 281-367-2225 EMAIL email@example.com **A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application may be submitted by fax or email if there is no filing fee [the City of Shenandoah does not require a filing fee]. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax or email.
Campaign Finance Reports
Political Signs and Advertising
Please review the following documents regarding political signs and advertising:
Printed copies of the information on this page are available at the front desk of City Hall (one set per person), or you can view the packet below under the Election Documents section.
|Position||Current Office Holder|
|Mayor||John G. Escoto|
|City Council, Position 1||Ron Raymaker
|City Council, Position 5||Michael McLeod|
|First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot||January 17, 2024|
|Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot||February 16, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.|
|Last day to withdraw, by submission of a notarized Certificate of Withdrawal or a notarized letter||February 23, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.|
|Last Day to Register to Vote||April 4, 2024|
|First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance||April 22, 2024|
|Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance||April 30, 2024|
|Shenandoah General Election||May 4, 2024|
|Montgomery County Elections Page|
To register to vote, find upcoming election dates, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the Texas Secretary of State's special voter page, VoteTexas.gov. For additional general information, please visit the Secretary of State's website.
For more information on campaigning and finance reports, please visit the Texas Ethics Commission website.
The City of Shenandoah partnerers with Montgomery County for the purpose of jointly conducting elections . Please visit the Montgomery County Elections website for helpful information including Voter Registration Applications, Voting Registration Status, Precinct Maps, along with election results.
To view the May 7, 2022 official election results, please view the Certificate of Elections HERE
To view the May 6, 2023 official election results, please view the Certificate of Elections HERE